Friday, October 23, 2009

Standing on the edge

No leaf clover. For those who don't know what actually is it, its yet another song by Metallica. Now the reason behind me mentioning the "not so famous" song is that I wanna make an excerpt.


"Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel / Was just a freight train coming your way"

We,the metal heads, claim ourselves to be the dark creatures of the earth.We "die" for the colour black. But in the back of our mind, we want to get enlightened, a tint of white to make the colour at least gray, if not white. But here arises one question, one big question that is whether we are capable of sensing the source of the light. What I mean to say is that what appears to us as white may not be white actually. I am not talking about impurities,speckles of purple,blue and this and that mixed with white. I am talking about whether this light is just a silence before the storm,whether it is there only to rekindle the last traces of hope hidden in the creatures called human, and then kill it mercilessly to push the creature further into darkness.There's a basic difference between rays of the Sun and the thunderbolts. The first enlightens us throughout the day span whereas the later is momentary, it only dazzles our vision.

How to distinguish between the rays of sunlight and the headlight of a freight train coming your way? Its one big question for me. And so far what I've learnt is that one has to entirely depend on his fate for this.I may be wrong. In fact, I am about 90% sure that I'm incorrect.And how to get away from the train? how to avoid getting trampled by its cruel wheels? there's no way according to me. Once again I may be wrong and I want to be proved wrong.

No comments: