Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cartoon network

"Sugar, spice and everything nice, these were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girl..." and my eyes went glued to the television. Even one year back, I loved cartoons and regularly watched them.It's not that I don't like them now, but I hardly get the time to sit in front of the television, and then when I do manage to get some time, my mom and dad just snatch the remote control from my hand and switch to some Bengali soap-operas.

Power puff girls, Dexter's lab, The Flintstones, Scooby-doo were always on my hit list and will remain there forever. Just can't forget those sultry summer evenings, sitting in front of the television, me and my sis and the intro starts, " Scooby dooby doo, where are you, you've got some work to do now". Then sometimes during the commercial, sis will change the channel to MTV and I'll fight with her to get back the remote and threaten her that I'll complain against her to mom. Johny Bravo and Popeye was also my favorite, but I dint get a chance to follow them regularly because baba thought them to be "adult material" to a class four student. However, as I grew up, I did get permission to watch those two cartoons. Then say at seventh standard or so, Dexter's lab and Powerpuff girls became my favorite. I had a crush on Blossom *blushes* xD. The way she managed the two sisters of her was awesome in one word. And then she had long red hair, big eyes, bossy attitude but a soft heart. I just loved her. Dex was my favorite for another reason. My regular bullies with my didi somewhat resembled with that of Dex and Deedee. And I was always into big scientific experiments, say one day I mixed orange juice with Otrivin [nasal drop] to see whether it causes some explosion . After seeing the result, I became disappointed and closed the lid of the bottle. Dunno what happened to the person, who used the drop next. xD.

Time went by. And gradually my choices changed. When the Pokemon series started, I became a fan of that. I had an album containing pics of all Pokemons. Little Ash Ketchum, Misty, Brock, Tracy and May became my heroes. And then team rocket was funny as hell. xD. But probably the series that influenced me most was "Bey blades". I loved all the characters there, Tyson, Mimi, Daichi, Ray, Max everyone. But my favorite was Kai. He had an attitude that used to suit him only. And the most brilliant thing about him was, he dint go for showoffs, he talked less and his blade spoke for him. I learned quite a few things from the series. Here's a little secret- my "I never say die, so no one can stop me" comes from Tyson. He was an warrior, always fighting till the last breath. Tyson vs Brooklyn was one of the best fights I've seen in my whole life. closely followed by Tyson vs Garland, Tyson vs Kai, Kai vs Joseph, Kai vs Ray. Although Kai was my favorite, I supported Ray in the battle, dunno why. I loved each and every character from the series.

Recently, I used to watch Ben 10. The adventures of Benjamin tennison, Gwendelyn Tennison and their grandpa. Ben accidentally discovers a watch like thing called Omnitrix that can transform him into numerous mighty aliens. Ben dedicates his power to the welfare of mankind. But evil alien Vilgax is behind that Omnitrix too, he tries to take it back from Ben. I enjoyed that series too.^_^

Too bad, this tough 3rd year schedule doesn't allow me to get back to those cartoons. x( x( x(

2 comments:

srijita said...

whoa!!!! a real cartoon-freak!! ^__^

Soulreaver said...

yeppp!! Proud to be 1 :) bepok lage