Saturday, November 14, 2009

Junctions



Sometimes, we do get blinded and just refuse to see what's coming in front of us. I will clarify what am I trying to say later on but first, lets exemplify it.

When I appeared for the joint, my parents repeatedly advised me to pursue the medical line, but I was so determined to fetch engineering as my career that I never paid attention. It's not that, I am repenting now. But still, may be... who knows??...at least not electrical engineering!! duh!! :x

However, lets get back to the topic. There was one question in the mathematics paper that asked us to determine the maximum value of x^(1/x) or something like that. We, who appeared in the mock tests, experienced this question almost 10-12 times previously and we all knew that the answer was e^(1/e) or something like that. But strangely, the answer wasn't among the options.The nearest was something like (1/e)^e.I got confused and ticked it. However, I never turned the section where the question was set in Bengali. Later I came to know that, in the Bengali version, the correct answer was among the options. It was a printing mistake in the English section.

It is very much likely, that the board realized this mistake and provided us with grace marks so that it didn't cost us. But what I'm trying to say is that never get blinded. It may appear to you that, life has provided you with only a single option. But it's never the case. Life sets a MCQ questionnaire for us, and depending on our answers, our lives get molded. We face the consequences that are created by us. None other is responsible for that.

Always remember that; in any juncture of life, even if it appears to you that you have a single way in front of you, there's always at least another. That's why its called a juncture of life. The other road may be thorny, shadowy but its still there. Now, its upto you, which road will you choose.

No comments: