Saturday, November 21, 2009

Semester starts

Okay! semester started today and as was expected, it started with a disaster. I woke up in the morning at about 8:30 but I was feeling very comfortable being covered by the quilt, so it took about an hour for me to leave the bed. And then, the misery started. I realized that I have lost my registration certificate, the identity card being lost long back, there was no evidence for my identity. So I started panicking. Although, finally it didn't hurt me as my fee book was with me and for Shibajisir it was enough for proving my studentship. However, any other professor would have expelled me from the hall for this.

The machines question was of no surprise as the "duo" decided not to disappoint us by setting an easier paper this time. And the exam got screwed, but it was expected.

After I came out from the hall, and headed to the union room, I found Ritoda there. The old chap has grown some tummies. But it was really a much nicer experience to find old familiar respected faces, than it sounds.

Mom was very tensed because for the certificate, and wanted me to come back home early. But I told her that the trains are overcrowded and so I am heading for the auto, and hence it will take some time. I lied to her. Actually it was not for the crowded train. I wanted to be in the " route no. 6 " yet again. Route no. 6, the very old route from my home to Jadavpur, The school bus used to follow this route. Many golden memories are associated with this route. After the completion of school life, we all got split, with some even opting for different states. Whenever I follow this route, memories of those lost friendships crowd in my mind. A sense of bittersweet feeling surrounds me. Route no. 6 has changed a lot with recently built skylines, supermarkets, housing complexes, gas stations ans all,but its essence of it still remains the same to me.

No comments: