Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The death sentence of Kasab

To tell you the truth I don't know his full name, neither have I any interest to know that either. I don't regard him as a celebrity unlike many of the daily newspapers. Even the daily routine of Kasab is now available over the electronic media. I personally do not think him to be such an important guy first of all. But let's come back to the topic.

The greatest dispute that has arisen now, is to whether death sentences should be banned or not. Thousands of humanist organisations have joined the rally in order to cancel the death sentence of the only surviving terrorist of the Mumbai attack. I am too small a human being to judge whether death sentences should be there or not. But imagine the consequence of banning death order. Suppose I am a terrorist [say ;)] and I am planning to bomb a super mall and take thousands of lives. Now suppose I get caught. As far as I know, the maximum span of imprisonment according to Indian constitution [not sure] is 17 years. So if I get caught, at maximum I'll get imprisoned for only 17 years. Forget justice and everything. In that case, you need not be a "zihadi" to perform such an attack. Everybody with a "proper"(??!!) reason to attack someone will also join the act. Chidambaram got hit by a sandal a few days back. Now, if death sentences are cancelled, on the next occasion he'll probably get hit by a 0.5 mm . Its not that I am a great supporter of the Indian political leaders. But my hatred is not to the point of assassinating them. With the criminals being aware of the fact that they won't get killed,they will certainly spread a rampage.

I am on for Kasab's death sentence. No matter what media creates of him, a superman, a lone boy, a hernia patient or whatever. I do think that the souls that died at Mumbai need to rest in peace. And the only way to accomplish that is to prosecute their murderer in my opinion.

[this article consists solely of personal views and thoughts, and there is no intention to harm/disregard/disrespect any person/organisation/country living or dead.]

6 comments:

srijita said...

i too feel, this kasab guy should die..4 everything he did..>_<
and this media hype thing should stop...there r loads of sensational things happening all round us..go and cover them, instead of making a legend outta murderer! seriously...this game of politics(per my personal view, politics and terrorism go hand by hand -_-')is just soooo weird and cruel, you never know what is what and what is why! hate it!! >_<

Soulreaver said...

yeah!! in fact this newspaper thingie takes the hell out of me sometimes... a few days back, "sania mirza weds shoaib malik" was in the headlines, whereas on the same day, a bomb blast in Moscow took away hundreds of lives, and this report was included as a footnote.... irony!!!!

Soulreaver said...

moreover, I swear, if Kasab gets away with his crime, on the very next day am gonna enter the parliament with some loaded carbines, and kill some... whoa!! in jail they take responsibility of ur fooding and education... who needs this f***ing engineering degree??

srijita said...

ahh ohkay...4 dat last comment i gues that was a bit too mch of emotion! ;)
but yup! i dont understand the priority shit per the news published and the sensations created out of nothing.. like the sania-shoaib thing as u mentioned...for goodness sake, media and reporting is in a serious need for modification and rectification!!
what intrigues me is that, how can such news get so much of attention? how can it draw such mass appeal? i genuinely wanna know how the common man in general feel like?!

Soulreaver said...

quite simple... they publish only those things that sells... now sania-shoaib affair is something like a hot cake... I mean the way almost everybody gawks over a poster of Sania... so they published that... who cares whether some people in Moscow stays alive or dies???

srijita said...

yaaa >_<
truly..the system is fucked up! -_-'