Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dunno why, but feeling a genuine urge to become a footballer recently. To say frankly, I was never into this game right from the beginning. Yeah! had some tries while I was in the school. The playground in our school was very small and dusty for cricket. So we rather chose to play football with plastic balls in the tiffin break. There was no fixed position for a player. All we used to do is to clutter at the place wherever the ball came and try to air it towards our half. And then there were some really skillful players, but with almost fifteen guys jostling over the ball in a small area, they hardly got any chance to show their skills. That was my sole link with football. And then in the park adjacent to my home, in the early school days, when I used to return home early, we used to play football occasionally there. I played as an winger, the left winger as far as I can remember. Not because of the fact that I was a great player. The reason was very few among us was capable of making a cross with left feet whereas that limb of mine was comparatively stronger than the others. They also said that I had a good hidden speed burst. Its not something you see with the great ball players. Rather its something "off the ball". I hardly required to dribble, whenever I got a pass, I used to take a quick view of the opponent players surrounding me and then start a sprint. There was not any question of dribbling because of the others hardly being able to catch up with me. Whereas my teammates knew about this asset of mine, so they started sprinting as hard they can as they saw me receiving the ball.

Then I got into the college. I hardly had any interest in making an appearance in the freshers cup.Most of my friends were also far more skillful than me. So either way, it was a "no-no" for me. Then for 2.5 years, I never received the ball. I used to watch my friends playing football. Three of my friends were really great, one among them was a forward, one a play maker and the last but not the least was a defender. It was great to watch them playing. I was sure that this game is not my cup of tea. So I abstained from taking part in any such games.

Until recently, I dunno why one day I suddenly took part in one such game.It was disastrous. Those guys were mind blowing. They did everything with the ball. They dribbled us as if we were like human posts and they are merely taking the ball past us. Then I don't know how I managed to net one. Accidents happen , you know.

The very next day I was playing with some mediocre players. With my friends on, I hardly get a ball. That's reasonable because passing it to a other man around is more probable to fetch a better outcome. But that day, The goalie I think mis-kicked and I got the ball. I took a quick look on my surroundings and started the sprint. The opponents were shocked. However one guy managed to come in front me, I dribbled him smoothly and pushed the ball into the net. My teammates were impressed, few moments later I got a similar ball, and started a similar run. The last defender out there took no chance this time. He tripped me, and I like did a somersault.
One of my acquaintances was watching us. I was injured and got off the field. He told, "Nice gallery man". I really wished to slap him, my arm was hurt, moreover who wants to "play act" while only the last defender is around, if you manage to get the ball off from him, its almost a goal.

However the very next day, I was again in the field with my skilled friends and the same story got repeated.

However I feel that its not over yet. I still have something in me to deliver. I really need to shut some mouths. Although I can simply wave them but still something's bugging me. Something's telling me from inside to get dressed again. Dunno whether this fire will continue to burn or not. I think it will get extinguished soon.If not, then my friends, either you get ready to commit a crime or you get ready to make an wise decision. :)

9 comments:

srijita said...

:D
good go!! i had the same feelng with tt...and m stil on it! :D

Soulreaver said...

ki problem hocche??? ami tt ektu adhtu kheli :)

srijita said...

ami jani..tui tt janis!:D (hope u dnt mind d 'tui' O_o)
wel, ami actualy just start korechi..and u kno wen u r jus a beginner, ppl tend 2 shoo u out! -_-

Soulreaver said...

oh... then patta dis na... ekhon to loke prank korche... asol problemta hobe jokhon backhand khelte hobe [dhori nicchi basically tui forehand player], oi jhamelata katale tarpor just self improvement ar reflex barano, chapless khela :)

srijita said...

haa thik i dhorechs! ami forehand e comfy..backhand marte gelei..board er baire :(

Soulreaver said...

amader ekta chele acche... o tt sikhto and he's a great player... but still now o confess kore je o backhand khelte pare na, and that even reflects in his gamestyle, i mean o backhand-er ball keo forehand kore mare... but backhand marateekta alada ket acche... :D

Soulreaver said...

ps:- amio valo pari na xD

srijita said...

eta ki negativ publicity chlo? :P
wel..ket marte sikte hbe!! ;)

Soulreaver said...

He he :D... na ta thik na... backhand-er ball-ke forehand kore khela jaye thik-i but onek jhamela hoye... but in general backhand shots dekhte valo lage... setai bolchilam x)