Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yeah! Its Holi today and its raining "colors". However not the same colors that I was used with. In college, the festival of color started early on Friday and I had to go to a company in order to collect some money. Thank god, I had that fixture that day. On the afternoon, when I returned back to my second home, I found people doing insane stuffs with every possible objects available. Be that "aloor dom", mud , Chowmein ,eggs or rotten tomatoes. I was quite surprised to find that people, who would hardly buy you a plate of "luchi-aloor dom" or chow in case you are hungry and ask them politely for doing so, is actually buying those stuffs, mixing those with colors [dunno know why on earth], and smearing others ( especially ladies) with that. I was sitting comfortable inside the union room where any kind of such activities were strictly banned. And with even my batch mates being involved in the joy making, I had no other options.

One of the first years proudly announced," we bought at least 600 eggs today." I was stunned. I could not get the point. I told him, " Can you ever imagine how many people are deprived from having an egg?" He gave me an embarrassed smile and went away [hadn't I said this, he probably had an intention of targeting my head]. I thought, they are first years only, and are here for making some fun. This kind of strange and spoiler thoughts are not expected to come into their young brains. Later on, I told the same thing to another one of my friends. He replied," Your point is vague in the sense that even if we haven't bought them, they wouldn't have gotten an access to those eggs." He had a splendid point really. So, I had no other options than to remain silent.

Arre yaar, get a life. You had your share of fun no doubt. But please don't accuse us for not getting involved in your fun. We will rather opt for putting a scoop of ice-cream into our stomach than to smear someone with that. And all of you out there, I guess you should rethink. Holi is a festival of colors and fun. "Chowmein" doesn't really fall into the category of colors, and does it fall into that "fun" category?? If I get a chance, I will rather give it to Senapati or some other poor kid. And regarding my "beer", I put that stuff into my stomach rather than throwing it at someone.

finally I would like to say you that, I or anyone else, who was not involved in "merrymaking" is none to judge what is right and what is wrong. It was your money, you do whatever you want with that. We are nobody to comment. But the same holds true in our case also. So please don't tell us things like, " you missed the fun" etc etc. Its not our kind of fun. :)

No comments: