Monday, March 23, 2009

Walking down the memory lane

The root of all evil, the devil himself, the Satan, the destroyer, the to be murderer these all describe one person according to another one. I had been in home for a whole day after a long time. And seriously, its didn't seem soothing. There are reasons. But my guitar reverberated some melancholy and gloomy tune for the whole day and so did my mind. And finally it became silent so did me. All those memories from the past crowded up in my mind, an eager desire to print footmarks on the wet sand, dancing in the field and playing with the kids, collecting shells. Those summer days with a typical smell and bright blue sky, chewing ice cubes while sitting on the box window, aimlessly wasting time, watching cartoons, off for field in the afternoon, experiencing the storm with hands wide spread and eyes closed, dreaming about a certain girl but still not realizing love for her, and moreover remaining silent. I used to be a brilliant fielder and a good goalkeeper. Time really races. When I shut my eyelids, I can still see those moments as if they have occurred just before. Running on the lash green fields or even the dusty field of my secondary school. We returned to the classroom soaked in sweat after playing soccer under sun and used to get rebuked by our teachers, or even sometimes punished severely. Gone are those days,when you don't really realize what loneliness is, when you trusted everyone without hesitation, when there was no time for you to join some social networking sites. We have evolved really, even in the college, we used to play cricket together but now we don't because now we don't have time.

Sometimes, we walk down the memory lane, and all those cherished moment flash in our mind. It really hurts. Once one have stepped in this road, he should always step forward without turning his head behind, unless the path in front may also get hazy.

No comments: