Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dreams

It was a dark winter night. I was walking alone on the pavement, with every traces of light extinguished, and there was pitch black out there. I was thinking of the day. The day I just left behind, the sunshine over the pine trees, the lazy afternoons, and I ended up here. In between the pitch black surroundings, I moved slowly, I was almost sauntering like a reptile. I didn't intended to become one. But still. Something inside told me to do so. It told me that "you are safe this way" It told "Never open you eyelids, burn your fingertips so that you can't sense anything, cement your eardrums" I listened to the call. I had nothing to do. And I was feeling really nice. I was not feeling anything. All I knew was I am safe this way. Then there came a lightning bolt, out of nowhere, I was forced to open my eyelids, hah!! I saw the light after a decade, I heard the sound. I felt something. It reminded me of the sunny noons, me with 10 other children, smiling, chirping, taunting others, the teachers getting annoyed. The shelter. It made me nostalgic. I ran after it, I never knew where I was heading, But I still ran, towards the light, but slowly steadily it disappeared, leaving me amidst the darkness. I felt helpless. I was more comfortable when I could not feel anything, but now I see the darkness surrounding me, now I can hear the eerie cry of the night creatures, now I can sense the freezing cold, I retreated, I turned back towards my shelter. But I explored that I have lost the way. There were nothing in the vicinity, The bolt flashed again and again and again and again...... I ran towards it, but I failed to catch it. The sky laughed at me in its own style, then he suddenly became soft and started crying. I was all drenched, I shut my eyelids again, I cemented my ear again, I burnt my fingertips again, I stitched my lips again. I thought I was safe again, I tried hard to think about the sunshine, but the bolt started reverberating in my mind. I WOKE UP.

No comments: