Sunday, December 27, 2009

Buhbye 2009

With days gradually passing by, 2009 is slowly coming to an end. Like everybody, this year [or I should rather say, the events that occurred this year] taught me some important aspects of life, and I'll try to jot the things down here. Its something like a bottom line chart, but it does have some difference. So, here it goes.

1. This year taught me that its not only blue and/or black that makes the world, its the melange of all the colors that makes this world such a happy place to live. While some may differ from me, but I'll stick to my point. So, its not only night. Its the combination of day and night, their complementary nature that makes the total span. Its not only metal.But also the other genres like rock,jazz,blues,punk, grunge, hip hop and even classical that brings totality to music. Previously, I used to hate colors like orange and yellow. Not that I've suddenly started loving those colors, but still... I don't hate them anymore. :)

2. I've learnt that going for the ideal option is not always the best thing to do. The best and the happiest persons in this world make out the best of the things that comes along their way [sentence courtesy: Abhishek :)]. The adaptability/maturity of the concerned person lies in making the non-ideal ones into ideal ones. Basically non-ideality/ideality lies in the point of view of the observer[like, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder]. So, nothing is non-ideal and nothing is ideal.

3. Solitude is bliss.It gives a person much more time to spend with himself, talking with himself, exploring himself. It's damn necessary, because at the end of the day, most of us doesn't spend more than half an hour standing in front of the mirror. One needs to understand himself because unless I think he/she can't understand others.

4. I still love my family above all. But my love isn't blind. I realized that while I can rebel, but in times, I can also provide a shoulder to my parents.

5. I experienced loneliness probably for the first time in my life. and I realized that its not all bad. It provides one the opportunity to stand at the top, and take a close look at people without their consent. I provides one with the opportunity to shake off the veil that keeps hanging in front of his eyes and prohibits him from seeing the true color of the people around.

6. [point deleted]
7. People are basically of two types. Either they are builders, or destroyers. And it takes ages to build something while only seconds to destroy it. Irony lies in the fact that while a particular person may turn out to be of " builder" type to someone, he/she may well be the "destroyer" to the other.

8. Tears are extremely precious gems. And should not be wasted.

9. I can't get a supple.

10.People say -one should conceal his weakness from this world. If he does not do so, the world starts attacking him at this weak point. Now, here comes a funny thing. I think one should show his weakness to this world. The world will start to attack him. But he should be aware of the extent to which he exposes himself. So that, these perpetual attacks makes him numb [and aloof to some extent], it helps to endure fast.

11. Finally, I am the the best the way I am. None can change me from the core.

12. May be I should shave more frequently. :(

13. The KFC Zinger Burger tastes great. But sometimes, even the biscuit from roadside tea-stall tastes better.

14. There's a huge difference between saying something and doing something.

15. The "Moesby effect" sucks. :x


8 comments:

srijita said...

hey if love suppresses negative emotions lyk hatred,jealousy etc..how come u cal it destructive!? 0_o

and how come brotherliness is suppressed by love? wat abt sibling-love-thing? :)

Soulreaver said...

Its good for the people around you, while may not be the same for you. Sometimes it only suppresses rather than banishing it. In such cases, people feel like being encaged.

btw jealousy isn't always a negative emotion, provided you go for a healthy competition.

Regarding brotherliness, yes you are correct, and I shouldn't have mentioned that.

srijita said...

aaa yeahh! healthy competitions! duno y bt i hateeee competitions! ne kind! -__-

Soulreaver said...

"when u r in Rome, u hafta act like Romans". If one realises that ppl around him, r competing against him, then at the end of the day, one's compelled to join. However, it seems that I should delete the point regarding "love", cz that isn't sounding that strong to even myself.

Soulreaver said...

actually sometimes one's compelled do fetch the wrong route, or rather I should say making a biased decision...after all human beings :)

srijita said...

hey dont delete! wtv u wrote came wid d natural flow ryt!... :D

srijita said...

well i have a problem actualy! rome or india or newer else..i cant act!! before i used 2 try..bt now i fl lemme b d way im...romans can have der piece of cake! :P

Soulreaver said...

actually that depends a bit on the person. Personally, I love to compete, for the betterment of myself. Not that I tend to react to every single challenge that are thrown towards me, but if I like it or feel that it'll enhance myself,I try to compete. And its not always people that call for competition.

And regarding that deletion, I too feel that its kinda lame, or may be a bit biased. Unless I would never had deleted it.