Monday, December 28, 2009

Proposals

When someone talks about "proposal"s, the first scenarios that flash in my mind, is of an uncomfortable awkward situation, where you are not too sure about what to do, how to do and what to tell. I think its a situation, where one becomes concerned about every little movement of his limbs, every faintest expression of his face and every little reaction of the other person. When I was in the school, I used to make an excellent middleman [wingman to be exact]. Not that, I have made a thousand of relations, but still, I have witnessed quite a few.

Okay! so one day P told me that he has a huge crush on Purmita. Now me and Purmita were not the bestest [intentional] of friends. More so considering the fact that she was one year senior than me. So he told me to make a bit of friendship with Purmita and ask her on behalf of me. I objected strongly. My point was that I'll introduce him to her, but willn't propose on behalf of him. Poor P, he had to agree to all my suggestions. So, it was fixed. I made a "hi-hello" relationship with Purmita.

Next scene:
venue: Madhusudan mancha
occasion: the annual function of the school
characters: me, Purmita and P
the conversation went as I'm jotting down

me: hey there! you wandering here?? why not in the hall??
Pu: ummmm... u kno! actually,I don like those classical thingies that much. M feelin bored inside
me: n wt abt ur friends? [I uttered quite a few of names]
Pu: well! they seem to be enjoying the function, din want to disturb them.
me: then y don u join us? okay! I think u've seen him. He's Pralay, ma classmate and one of the bestest friends and the football champ. Aint it Pralay?
P: Ummmm!!
Pu: Hi! yes! I've seen him quite a few times in the school, have seen him playing football too. He does play well!
P:* " poran jaye joliya" type smile*
me: actually Purmita, P has something to tell to u. I think its hightime. So, P speak it out.
Pu: [smiling] what?
P: ummmmm!
me: *tapping toes*
P: am am amaaamama
P: hehehehehehehehehe
me: [here he goes *sigh*]
P: umma umma umma
P: *huge sigh* okay! the thing is ummmm!!
Pu: I'm waiting
P: ummmm!! do you kno x???
Pu: yes! shez ma friend.

THEN SILENCE REIGNED. A FEW MINUTES LATER PURMITA WENT AWAY. P EXCHANGED A HELPLESS SMILE WITH ME.

M's in love with Priyanka. Quite a big news. M was the good boy of our batch. And Priyanka was an Iran-born hottie. So, one day I was astonished to see quite a gathering around M. "So what's the matter?"- I asked. Someone said, "M has "pro"-d Priyanka."

"Now, what on earth does "pro"-ing mean?"
"he told aila!!!"
"what????"
" yes! he meant to say "I lo" but it sounded like aila"
" wtf???"
" may be someday around, he'll say "bhou"[ve you]"
" so, he's proposing her in installments?"
" you got it"
- so, that's the first time, I got introduced to the word "pro" ing. Enriched my vocabulary indeed.

One day, X told me that Sonya's gonna call me and all I had to say that, " X's got run over by a taxi, please please do inform his family"
okay so that day Sonya called me.
me: hello!
sonya: sonya here, X asked me to call you.
me: yes! sonya, could you please do me a favor?? X's got......
s: WHAT?
me: yes its true.
s:WHEN?
me: about one and half hours back. Please do this for him. He's admitted in.... cz he was sayin ur name. U r the only person in Earth on whom he relies.
s: ONLY 30 MINS BACK, I SAW X WITH ANOTHER GIRL.
me: hello, hello!! sonya sonya!! I can't hear you. *click* [*motherfucker X*]

How can I ever forget me proposing R. It was the HS result out day. I already knew that I've secured a respectable rank in jee, so I was a bit reluctant. I thought it to be the best day to propose R. So, I asked her to spare me a minute.

me: R, could you please spare me a minute?
R: ummm!! okay
me: R u kno?
me: R u kno?
me: R u kno?
me: R u kno?
R: what?
me: arre baba! bujhtei to parchis! :x
R: ha bujhte parchi but amar vison nervous lagche.
[well! I expected either an acceptance or a denial, but this kinda reply was out of my thinking. That relationship never turned out to be. :)]

I personally think that proposals should be spontaneous. I mean to say that, there should be some stammering, mumbling, hesitance associated with proposals. Frankly speaking, even now, when a I catch a glimpse of my last crush, my heart misses a bit. But then a smile appears on my face [but thats for different reason and is out of topic], I personally think that "true" proposals can never be smart and straightforward. Because that indicates either immense mental strength of the person or that the person isn't that concerned about the outcome. Its something like the proposal round in the ragging period, It dint take any effort to say, "didiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, ami tomaye valobasiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii", but come in actual case, even the toughest of the guys stumbles. Its my personal opinion.


No comments: